Vision and Mission
UP’s Institutional Vision
The University of the Philippines (UP) as a leading regional and global university in an environment that sustains 21st-century learning, knowledge creation, and public service for society and humanity.
As the national university, UP is mandated to perform its unique and distinctive leadership in higher education and development. It shall:
- Lead in setting academic standards and initiating innovation in teaching, research and faculty development in philosophy, the arts and humanities, the social sciences, engineering, natural sciences, mathematics, and technology; and maintain centers of excellence in these disciplines and professions;
- Serve as a graduate university providing advanced studies and specialization for scholars, scientists, artists, and professionals especially those who serve on the faculty of state and private colleges and universities;
- Serve as a research university in various fields of expertise and specialization by conducting basic and applied research, promoting research and development, and contributing to the dissemination and application of knowledge;
- Lead as a public service university by providing various forms of community, public, and volunteer service, as well as scholarly and technical assistance to the government, the private sector, and civil society while maintaining its standards of excellence;
- Protect and promote the professional and economic rights and welfare of its academic and non-academic personnel;
- Provide opportunities in training and learning in leadership, responsible citizenship, and the development of democratic values, institutions, and practice through academic and non-academic programs, including sports and the enhancement of nationalism and national identity:
- Serve as a regional and global university in the Asia Pacific region and around the world in cooperation with international and scientific unions, networks of universities, scholarly and professional associations in the Asia-Pacific region and around the world; and
- Provide democratic governance in the University based on collegiality, representation, accountability, transparency and active participation of its constituents, and promote the holding of fora for students, faculty, research, extension and professional staff (FREPS), staff, and alumni to discuss non- academic issues affecting the University.
UP Cebu’s Vision
A lead university in pioneering research, creative design, ICT-driven innovation, responsive governance and community service in Central Visayas and the global society
UP Cebu’s Mission
UP Cebu promotes scientific, socio-economic, cultural and environmental progress in Central Visayas, in the nation and the world through creative and innovative instruction, research, intellectual productivity, and public service.
- offers accessible quality graduate, undergraduate, and continuing education that will produce innovative, critical, nationalist, ethical, gender-sensitive and socially responsible graduates who demonstrate high levels of academic pursuit;
- conducts pioneering research, and develops novel and creative technologies through transdisciplinary collaboration;
- applies products of knowledge generation, dissemination, and intellectual productivity to improve social welfare, and;
- ensures administrative efficiency in the delivery of excellent, responsible service in support of research, intellectual productivity, and public service.
School of Management’s Vision (revised March 2017)
To be the leading regional educational institution for decision-makers
School of Management’s Mission (2019)
To provide excellent management education, to generate research and disseminate information to the business community, and to deliver public service in the areas of institutional governance and management. To deliver our mission, we shall be guided by the values of integrity and excellence.
45 total views, 3 views today