Institution of the BS MANAGEMENT MINOR IN MARKETING and BS MANAGEMENT MINOR IN FINANCE (Approved on 30 July 2020)
We have good news for our Management students. The UP Board of Regents approved the proposal of the School of Management to revise its program to institute a minor degree in Marketing and a minor degree in Finance. The minor degrees allow flexibility in the program to enable the students to choose their interests and help them prepare and excel in their chosen careers.
The minor degree in Marketing will enhance the student’s knowledge of various marketing content and strategies needed for decision-making regarding the competitiveness and success of the firm. The minor degree in Finance will provide students the knowledge and skills required for decision-making regarding value-adding activities that contribute to the sustainability and profitability of the firm.
Starting this Second Semester, Academic Year 2020 – 2021, third-year standing BS Management students may apply to shift to BS Management MINOR in Marketing or Finance.
APPLY FOR SHIFTING TO BS Management with a minor PROGRAM
- Secure and fill out the Application for Shifting of Course to BS MGT Minor in Marketing or Minor in Finance, in three copies.
- Submit your Shifting Form to the OCS Staff. (OCS Staff computes for the student’s GWA and Total Units Earned.)
- Get endorsement from your Batch Adviser, Program Coordinator, and the College Secretary.
- Get approval from the Dean of the School of Management.
- Submit the approved form to the Office of the College.
Copy 1 – Office of the University Registrar
Copy 2 – Office of the College Secretary
Copy 3 – Student
- Shifting refers to the change of a student’s degree program within UP Cebu.
- Shifting from BS Management Program to BS Management Minor in Marketing or Finance is allowed for THIRD YEAR students AND after completion of the following courses: MGT 170 (for Minor in Marketing) and MGT 142 (for Minor in Finance).
- Please email [email protected] for inquiries.
Bachelor of Science in Management
The revised BSM program is a 4-year program designed to produce leaders and managers who have the flexibility to perform in the corporate environment as well as engage in entrepreneurial endeavors. The revised BSM program includes courses on the management of innovation, management of information systems and technology, business analytics, and management research. These courses are intended to enhance the ability of the students to handle the challenges that will confront them when they graduate from university.
For inquiries, please send us an email at [email protected] or call us at +63(32) 2328187, 2332855, 2338203, 2336042 extension 304.
School of Management Statistics
Based on the survey of 42 BS Mgt graduates (2017) taken by the School of Management at end of 2019:
- 93% of the graduates are employed in the private sector, while 7% are in the public sector.
- 43% of the graduates are involved in sales and marketing, 29% in banking and finance, while 14% in operations.
- 14% of the graduates pursued medicine or law.
Based on research involving a representative sample taken from 339 BS Management graduates from 2007-2012:
- 97% of the participants are employed in the private sector, while the remaining 3% are in the public sector.
- 67% of the participants are employed within a month after graduation, while 6% took more than 120 days to be employed.
- 70% of the participants receive annual salaries ranging from Php 135, 000 and Php 250, 000 while about 5% make more than Php 500, 000 a year.
- About 90% of the participants are in the Service sector, while 10% are in the Manufacturing industry.
- About 33% of the participants are involved in Operations, 26% is in Sales, and 19% is in Marketing, while only 1 % is in Human Resource.
– Highlights of Students’ Research in Mgt 199 (Desquitado C., Alimpolos R., Dalid M., Labadia I., Limoran D., & Mago J., 2013)
5,727 total views, 6 views today